Thursday 8 March 2012

The Ultimate Work Tea




I've decided to post about new teas as and when now and might try a different style.

A chance sighting in Sainsbury's has allowed me to track down a tea I had previously sought but found impossible to find in the North.





Brewing


"Brew one teabag per person & pour on boiling water. Leave for three to four minutes, or until you think it's ready. Then drink it as it is, this one is made for drinking without milk."

Easy to brew and best of all needs no milk! (See previous work tea comments)

Colour


Light brown - one could fancifully say it has a golden hue too :). 

Aroma

As with Earl Grey you can smell the bergamot and there is also a hint of lemon.

Taste

Do you like Earl Grey with lemon? Then this is similar. Obviously you can't control the strength of the lemon as you can when you add your own. However as a work tea it allows me to enjoy Earl Grey without the need for the fridge (I do like Earl Grey with milk and without - there is nothing wrong with this).

"Whistle While You Work"

This tea is definitely the cornerstone of my work teas now where I sometimes whistle. This allows me to make the above tenuous song title usable. Although I have recently learnt how to whistle more than one note which I previously found impossible so maybe I can finally whistle properly while working :)

Conclusion

An excellent workplace tea which once again fills my requirement of no milk due to lack of fridge. Though I must concede if you have a ready suppply of lemons your normal Earl Grey will do just fine.


See you all next time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom!

    You know, t'other week I was wondering if you would get round to this one.

    I saw this during one of my supply runs for my new place. It's a really good one for wasting away a Saturday, with a book, some background music and a comfy chair in some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete